With Christmas approaching, and with tonnes of parties for the Festive Season, you might find yourself at a Fancy Dress party hiding behind a mask… here are 3 makeup masquerade tricks that will not only save your face at the end of the night when your mask comes off, but it will give you a Hollywood edge behind your mask …
Here are 3 simple tips to help you “save face”. Try them out!
(1) Press a long wearing foundation into your skin using a makeup sponge and finish off with a cheek stain. If you fancy buying something new, try a finishing spray to lock it in
(2) Go for a bright lip colour! It’s Halloween so try something more daring. Why not try a candy apple red or a bright fuchsia. Opt for a creamy lipstick which will keep your lips moisturised all evening
(3) Always give your eyes an extra boost. Most masks are designed to draw attention to the eyes so give them what they want! Create your own drama with a smoky eye. Prep your lids with some foundation and powder or eyeshadow primer. Using a soft kohl liner or gel liner, draw along the top lash line then blend upwards to the crease. Dust an iridescent colour over the top. Pick something that will compliment your colouring.
Finish with loads of mascara or false lashes
Have you worn a mask? Did you try any of the tricks above? Share them!
Here is a personal favourite sexy Halloween makeup which will create WITHOUT FAIL, the desired “ooh’s” and “ahhh’s” when you rock it this Halloween!
You don’t need many products… but you do need a bit of imagination and attention to detail!
Go create!Here’s what you need:
(1) Matte red lipstick
(2) Red or pink or orange eye shadow
(3) Gel (and thin brush) or pen eyeliner
(4) Eye shadow brush and blending brush
(5) Optional false lashes
Here’s how to do it:
(1) Apply red lipstick along the top lash line and bottom lash line
(2) With the eye shadow brush work the lipstick upwards towards your crease and underneath your eye to soften the line
(3) Apply your chosen eye shadow with your blending brush and work the makeup towards your brow bone and underneath your eye into the socket. Be sure to leave a gap between your makeup and your eye brow
(4) Using your chosen eyeliner, create Halloween shapes (bat shapes if you are copying the attached photo) and fill up your eye socket with tiny drawings!
(5) Using your chosen eyeliner, create your desired shape along your top lash line
(6) Stick on your false lashes and / or apply lashings of mascara. Be sure to apply mascara after your lashes are in place
(7) DON’T FORGET TO SHAPE YOUR EYE BROWS! This will help to frame your entire eye and therefore accentuate your design
Here is a simple, yet, pricelss tip to give you the best starting point of a smoky eye that will stay put all night
…makeup is always applied better when your skin is totally clean and fresh so make sure you cleanse your face of natural oils and/ or existing makeup before you begin to apply this look … and use a primer on your lids underneath your smoky eye … use a neutral eyeshadow or a powder to even out your skin tone. This will create the even base starting point that is crucial for your smoky eye effect…
I thought that I’d better not neglect the new season and make it all about Halloween!
Here’s a tip on how the PERFECT PONY is a must have addition to your Fall hair and makeup look!Elle says that ponytails this season are perfectly precise and chic and not the gym wearing pony that you might have been rocking for the past few months … Put a bit of effort into the look and it will only take 2 minutes to pull off something that’s fit for the runway!
Here’s how to do it:
(1) Prep your hair with a light serum to add shine
(2) Pull your hair back using a flat brush to get it smooth
(3) Secure this with a band
(4) Take a lightweight hairspray and spray lightly
(5) TIP! To prevent those pesky bumps and to smooth down the surface, spray hairspray onto a clean toothbrush and run it over the surface of your pony tail!
For a few days why don’t you try ditching your bold makeup colours and go for a bold brow instead?
Go for some soft pinks or corals on your cheeks and lips and pair them with a striking arch. Is that something you have ever tried before? Id take a guess that the majority of you do the same routine daily and are a little dubious at trying something new?This is such a simple change but it will give you an entirely new face.
The structured brow look can compliment a sleek hair style and an equally sleek outfit. Feel free to work some false lashes too for length but keep them natural. Team your lashes up with a sexy, winged, eye line but keep the line moderate in thickness.
If you’re looking for a recommendation on a product to give you full, well-groomed brows, an eyebrow pencil by Kevyn Aucoin (the precision brow pencil) will do the trick. The brush on the end allows you to groom every hair into place before and after you shape them. The fine tip is designed to fill in sparse areas or draw a natural shape.
To find out where your brow line should stop, take your brow pencil and hold it from the corner of your nostril to the outside edge of your corresponding eye. Where the pencil meets the edge of your brow line along that pencil line, is where you should take your brow point to.
Feel free to elongate it a little further and watch how you exaggerate the shape by slightly elongating the ends. It will really open your eye out.
Use a gel or wax for a polished highly groomed look.
Give it a go! It’s a fantastic look for a dress down Friday… You’ve got this evening to practice it and rock it with some confidence :)Go create!
You have probably heard of dip dying your hair (where the ends are coloured differently to the rest of it… As if they’ve been “dipped” in some dye) but have you thought about doing it to your nails?
You can do exactly the same to your nails… Fancy it?And what if I told you it was EASY to do? AND I’ll talk you through doing it? Even better!
Here’s what you’ll need:
(1) makeup sponge (wedge shaped)
(2) 3 complimentary nail coloursHere’s how to do it:
I’m going to explain the process to you using light blue, medium blue & dark blue nail varnishes top left hand photo(1) coat your entire nail in light blue. Wait for it to dry fully, then repeat(2) apply medium blue to the top your makeup sponge and gently dab/ press into your nail. Start at the tip and work down the nail to create a faded look. Stop a fraction past half way down the nail
(3) allow to dry fully
(4) repeat step 2 with light blue and continue to apply until you are happy with the shade / fade making sure that you leave each coat to dry fully each time
(5) this is an optional last step. Apply a top coat when the last layer is slightly wet to blend them together ever so slightly. If you are unsure about how to do this last step then don’t worry… just wait for your nail to dry completely and use the top coat to protect the colours
Have a go! If you try it, send me a photo. Share the knowledge and like!
Be steps ahead this Autumn and Winter with LEG MAKEUP!
It has always been a staple part of my work but leg makeup is moving from the film industry and the runways of the fashion industry to the real world more and more every day.
It’s now not just Brides that are opting for it either… it’s now becoming as normal as putting on your mascara on a night out!
From Angelina Jolie’s thigh high split dress at the Oscars to Cedric Charlier’s Paris show with tribal blocks of leg makeup, the focus this year EVERYWHERE is on legs… EVERYWHERE!
In the film and TV world, leg makeup has always been a feature of character preparation when legs are exposed to the camera and here are a few tips to help you get YOUR pins, camera ready!
MAC’s Face and Body Foundation makeup has been a favourite amongst many makeup artists due to its smudge-proof, super-thin, silicone based ingredients so it’s a good starting point. But if you are looking for a product that is more readily available on the High Street then try using Sally Hansen’s Airbrush legs product
Here are a few simple steps to help you on your way…
(1) It’s important to remove any dead skin before you apply makeup to your legs so make sure you scrub in the shower then dry your legs completely
(2) Add a light oil free moisturiser if necessary before you apply any makeup to your legs
(3) Always spray / squeeze into your hand and apply to your legs in a controlled manner, blending in small circles. Work your way evenly around your legs…. The key to getting an even coverage is to apply sparingly and in small circles
(4) Keep a keen eye on your knees because they are often more red than the rest of your leg so make them a particular focus. TIP! Apply the makeup to a bended knee and sit still for 60 seconds until it dries
(5) If necessary, for more coverage, apply a heavy concealer on areas of red that may need more attention
(6) Some Hollywood professionals are blending in cellulite cream with body lotion to reduce the “bloat” that legs often show …
… So, give it a go on your next night out… Take your legs to the next level and bare your thigh-highs with ZERO HESITATION … x
When there is no Magic 8 hours sleep, there IS magic in your Makeup Bag better than any True Love’s Kiss
Can you remember the last time that you had 8 hours of beautiful, uninterrupted sleep? Probably only in your dreams, right … BUT don’t despair because there are a number of tricks that you can adopt to mask your tired face and tell the world that you have just spent a week in the Maldives!
First things first … Concealer or eye brightener!
To help your skin along, first apply a cold compress, like an icepack, around the underneath of your eye to constrict the blood vessels around the eye. Then apply your creamy concealer or eye brightener to the red and puffy areas and this will cover the discolouration. Remember! You can use the concealer around the edges of your nose too, to even out the skin tone there
Secondly … Mascara!
This is crucial in opening your eyes up so you cannot afford to skip this step on days like today. If you can, curl your lashes and then apply your mascara. It is the quickest way to lengthen and thicken your lashes. And don’t forget to apply the mascara to your bottom lashes too… don’t go too heavy though as you don’t want to get the dreaded “Raccoon” eye
Thirdly …Cream blusher!
Use a soft coloured cream blusher on your cheeks. This will give your cheeks a dewy, warm look which will detract from any dehydration and discolouration your skin may be experiencing through lack of sleep
What are your favourite, most trusted quick fixes and tips that help you look fresh even after no sleep?