Ok… So I got a specific request asking me to explain how to do the silver glitter eyeshadow photo I posted earlier on my Facebook LIKE page … so here you go!
So you’d need to get hold of the following bits and bobs –
(1) glitter – Barry M is great for a highstreet option or get your hands on some MAC pigments. They come in pots, photo attached
(3) liquid eyeliner / gel eyeliner
(4) false lashes for the underneath
(5) false lashes for the top lashes
(6) morticians wax to cover your brows
(1) firstly you’ll need to “hide” your brows and you can do this quite simply with some morticians wax. Brush your brows through so the hair is flat and apply the wax in the direction of hair growth. If you want some more detail on how to do that, let me know, otherwise ill get on with the rest of it …
(2) apply the eyelid primer with a medium sized eyeshadow brush, covering your eyelids evenly. Apply the primer in the shape that you want the glitter to be… so make sure you apply it above the line of your brow and extend it outside the natural edge of your eye lid. Use the photo as your guide.
(3) decant some of your chosen glitter (so you don’t keep dipping your used brush in the pot) and load up your brush with the glitter. Working from your top lash line upwards, apply the glitter to your lids by “pushing” it into your skin. Create the shape indicated in the photo and be sure to cover the wax completely
Repeat this step as much as necessary to build the depth of colour. You can mix different glitters together if you want, don’t forget!
(4) using any eyeliner brush you are comfortable with, load up your brush with your chosen eyeliner and starting on the top lash line, create a sexy liner shape, complementing the shape of your eye, not forgetting the flick at the edge! Use the photo as your guide again
(5) repeat this on the underneath. Make sure you leave a gap between your bottom lash line and your eyeliner line … Use the photo as your guide. Keep looking at it to remind yourself!
(6) apply lash glue to your set of top lashes and allow it to go slightly tacky. Apply the lashes to your top lids using tweezers of necessary. Do one eye at a time !
tip! You might need to curl your natural lashes before you stick on the false lashes
Apply mascara over the top if necessary / if desired after the lashes are glued
(7) for the underneath lashes – cut one pair of lashes into 4 parts (i.e. cut the right hand lash into 2 pieces and then cut the left hand lash into 2 pieces). Allocate 2 pieces of cut lash to each eye. Turn the lashes down so they are bending into the face (instead of away from the face like the top lashes would sit) and glue them to the underneath of your eye. Glue 2 pieces of lash to the underneath of each eye. Make sure you line the bottom lashes up with the eyeliner shape you have created along your bottom lash line, rather than your natural lash line! That space between your bottom eyelid and the eyeliner line is crucial for this look. Repeat on the other eye!
VOILLA! Eye makeup complete!
Tip !! for the rest of your makeup … You’ll need to have a flawless finish for your face so make sure your foundation or concealer is heavy enough to even out your skin tone completely Use a very natural lip colour and a small amount of natural soft pink blusher