Ok, so I’ve got a tip here which you can either use to get your speed and confidence up, or you can add your artistic flair and get creative with it!
How many times have you longed for the “perfect” liquid eye-line … but you can never quite get them to match? You perfect one eye, try to recreate it on the other, and it somehow, always, changes!? Liquid eyeliner too, is slightly more difficult to budge when it dries
So what are you left with?
A wonky eye line? Desperation?!? Sure, you could blend the HELL out of it and smudge it with eye shadow (that’s a good trick if you are going for a smoky eye) but what if you want a sexy sophisticated single liquid eye line?Here’s the answer… get your old trusted pencil liner, draw on the shape you desire, on both eyes, then go over it with you liquid eye liner… VOILLA! If your pencil line creeps above your liquid line, grab a Q tip and gently blend away the edge, revealing your sleek and perfect liquid line.You now have not one but TWO perfect liquid eye lines! It might be an extra step but it’s guaranteed to save you time in the long run.If you want to get a bit creative then why not try using two different colour eye liners? So instead of using the pencil line only as your guide, why not use it as a base colour for your liquid line and have a two-tone eye-line!
Hope you’re all having a lovely week and feeling GREAT about yourselves this week
This is a post containing something new for you to try this weekend. Whatever the season, this
great nail trend idea can be rocked… and the best thing about it is that you can do it with a HUGEEE variety of colour combinations! It’s SO simple it’s just ridiculous!
What you will need:
(1) 2 compatible nail colours
(2) a thin paint brush
This is how I did it:
I painted an all over colour with the white varnish on each nail and let it dry completely. I then painted another coat for depth of colour. Using my thin paint brush, I carefully loaded it up with the black varnish (be careful not to let it gloop) and painted a thin line around the edge of my nail. Dont worry about getting it on your skin as you can easily remove it with some nail varnish remover and a Q tip!
VOILLA! 10 perfectly beautified nails which I think look pretty damn slik
You don’t need the makeup kit of a makeup artist to get a gruesome wound for Halloween!
Follow my simple tips and run with it… Go create
To add a festering open wound to your face this Halloween, get some liquid latex and layer it to resemble torn flesh. It’s cheap to buy and easy to source
No liquid latex? That’s ok… Try out unflavoured gelatine or even marshmallows to create similar effects .
Don’t be afraid to experiment with latex and ready made strips of fake flesh or scabs which will create more texture and depth to your wound. Simply attach the strips with a thin layer of liquid latex and build it up!Using my fake blood recipe, liberally apply fake blood to your wound to achieve your ultimate gore fest!!Try blue and purple makeup (eye shadows blended together will work too) to create fake bruises. Fake black eyes are really effective and very simple to do. Why not use your pink or white makeup pencil and get creative and draw some fake scars!TIP! If you want to be a several week old zombie, blend in some green an yellow makeup to create a rotting wound effect
FLAWLESS MAKEUP TIP from Makeup Artist Legend Pat McGrath
“After applying foundation, brush transparent loose powder across your forehead, the sides of your nose, and chin. Keep your cheeks, temples, and nose powder-free to give the illusion of perfectly natural matte skin”
As you step out into the Festive period you could probably do with a few tips on how to stay fresh faced for hours!
Below is a list of a few priceless tips to help you on your way
(1) Try an oil free makeup primer
They are really like double sided tape for your face! Use under foundation for a flawless finish that will stay put. By using an eyelid primer too, you not only create crease free eyeshadow but it can make the colour ping out. Or why not try cream-to-powder eye shadows that won’t let you down?
(2) Lip-tints will stick-better than your lip-sticks
In the heat of the moment, lippies can smear into a big gloopy mess! And if you’ve opted for a bold colour, this is NO GOOD! Opt for a matte lipstick and be sure to blot between layers or try a lip tint
(3) When choosing what to use on your cheeks, ditch your heavy powders, blushers and bronzers and use a cream based product that will complement your dewy skin
(4) Keep an eye out for makeup that does more than one job!
The less you put on… The less it will slide off. Look for double-tasking cosmetics. A creamy highlighting stick that you can use on your eyes, lips and cheeks is ideal when you need an easy, mirror less application!
Try out waterproof mascara because when you put it to the test, it won’t leave trail lines down your face. And have you tried a waterproof eyeliner?
(6) Makeup kit MUST haves!
Get your hands on some blotting papers, facial spray mists and remover wipes.
Keep an SOS supply of them stashed in your makeup bag for those wet DIY fix it moments
… Its never been easy to look SMOKIN’ HOT on the outside whilst keeping your cool…
Do you fancy trying something Glam for your Festive Celebrations? Crystals are a must have fasion and beauty addition so why not use them to your advantage on your face!?
Try this Dior Spring/Summer 2013 runway show Swarovski crystal inspired Techno Butterfly Makeup
Go create!Here’s what you’ll need:
(1) Swarovski crystals
(2) Eyelash glue
(3) Vibrant eye shadow
(4) Eyeliner, preferably gelHere’s how to do it:
(1) Starting from the inside corner of your eye, create your desired butterfly shape with your chosen eye shadow
(2) Draw a fluid line along your top lashes with a gentle flick to mimic your butterfly shape
(3) Sticking the crystals – Apply a thin layer of eyelash glue in the desired area and in desired shape. Allow it to get a little tacky and then stick each crystal on individually!
(4) Finish the rest of your makeup naturally and keep all emphasis on your eye area
(5) Don’t forget to define your brows as they frame your face (and your butterfly shape!)
With Christmas approaching, and with tonnes of parties for the Festive Season, you might find yourself at a Fancy Dress party hiding behind a mask… here are 3 makeup masquerade tricks that will not only save your face at the end of the night when your mask comes off, but it will give you a Hollywood edge behind your mask …
Here are 3 simple tips to help you “save face”. Try them out!
(1) Press a long wearing foundation into your skin using a makeup sponge and finish off with a cheek stain. If you fancy buying something new, try a finishing spray to lock it in
(2) Go for a bright lip colour! It’s Halloween so try something more daring. Why not try a candy apple red or a bright fuchsia. Opt for a creamy lipstick which will keep your lips moisturised all evening
(3) Always give your eyes an extra boost. Most masks are designed to draw attention to the eyes so give them what they want! Create your own drama with a smoky eye. Prep your lids with some foundation and powder or eyeshadow primer. Using a soft kohl liner or gel liner, draw along the top lash line then blend upwards to the crease. Dust an iridescent colour over the top. Pick something that will compliment your colouring.
Finish with loads of mascara or false lashes
Have you worn a mask? Did you try any of the tricks above? Share them!